from FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team
The Kokba Hostel (03/29/2006)
In the upcoming version update, we will introduce the “Kokba Hostel,” a private room that players will be able to reserve for hour-long time slots.
The concept for the hostel has been developed along the lines of the Marble Bridge Eatery in Upper Jeuno--a place separate from the bustle of the city where players of the same job or race can meet their colleagues. In a similar vein, the Kokba Hostel has been designed to provide a space where adventurers can gather and relax with friends in a private setting.
Main features of the Kokba Hostel:
- The hostel can be found in a Treasures of Aht Urhgan area.
- Reservations can be made for one-hour slots (Earth time).
- Each person who enters the hostel will be required to pay a fee. This fee will be set to an affordable amount.
- Players can make reservations for up to two days in advance, but are limited to one reservation at a time. If the player who made a reservation fails to show, or no reservation has been made for the current time slot, it is possible to reserve the hostel on the spot.
- During the hostel reception period, you will be asked to set a password. Only players who input this password will be able to enter the hostel during your reservation.
- Players will be provided with a variety of temporary party items and food upon entering the hostel.
The hostel can be used for a wide range of functions such as linkshell group strategy meetings before an adventure, wedding receptions, or even a place to celebrate those Ballista victories! The choices are only limited by your imagination!
Final Fantasy Xi